- Collaborates with, advises and provides support to School Administrators, Supervisory Staff and Employees in all departments on a full range of human resource services including staffing, collective agreement interpretation, progressive discipline, investigations, leaves management and professional development activities to promote and enhance human resource leadership.
- Coordinates and maintains all employment documentation, updates and maintain human resources information systems, tracks and reports employment activity and responds to employees on matters relating to employee status, seniority and pension and benefits.
- Develops HR tools and resources to improve services to schools and employees.
- Develops standardized pre-screening, interview and reference tools to support the recruitment and selection process.
- Liaises with external organizations and educational institutions to establish a candidate base to address areas of need and coordinates external job fair events and other recruitment initiatives.
Manages the new employee orientation program.
- Designs and develops attendance management programs in response to organizational needs.
- Oversees the case management of employees on short term sick leave, long term disability, WCB and injury on duty claims including monitoring assessments, referrals and accommodation requirements.
- Develops return to work plans in conjunction with employees, health professionals, supervisory staff and OHS and union representatives.