The Operational Services Department is responsible for the management of building operations, technology services, facility rentals, planning and student transportation functions of the HRSB.
Operations Services also works with the provincial government on various projects, including new school construction, major additions/alterations and capital repairs.
For more information on current capital projects, click here.
Operations Services divisions:
- Property Services - Responsible for school building systems and grounds including maintenance, repairs, capital projects, energy management, regulatory compliance, custodial services, after hours security, snow maintenance and waste collection.
- Technology Services - Provides support services in the area of information technology at all schools, central office locations and for capital construction and renovation projects.
- Pupil Transportation Services - Ensures bus services are provided in accordance with the Student Transportation Policy. Works with Stock Transportation and Metro Transit to achieve efficient bus routes that meet regulatory safety requirements and student delivery standards. To learn more about buses and routes, click here.
- Facilities Rentals - The HRSB encourages and supports the community use of our facilities outside of normal instructional hours, provided facilities are used on a cost recovery basis. The HRSB partners with the Halifax Regional Municipality who oversees the booking of school and fields for community use. For more information, click here.
- Planning - Provides support for a long range capital infrastructure renewal plan, including municipal development and enrolment projection data. The planner provides data that supports new school site selection and school steering teams, school review and boundary review processes.