How can students help:
- Be proactive. By watching or cheering you could be encouraging bullying behaviour. Instead, walk away and tell someone.
- Be empathic. Try to understand how a victim might be feeling.
- Be supportive. Tell someone if someone at your school is a victim of bullying. Include these students whenever possible in activities and groups.
- Remain calm if you are a victim of bullying. Seek support from your teacher, guidance counsellor, school administration or another trusted adult.
- Be accountable. You are responsible for your own words and actions. Treat others with respect and foster healthy positive relationships.